In technology terms this is an early stage XBox or iPod. The applications where there are niche benefits are huge.
Robotalk is a new Japanese robot developed by the Okamura Corporation, which was designed as a friend with functions that you can control with your voice.
You may think: yeah, yeah, what’s new? I already know Nabaztag and that kind of stuff. But listen first to the possibilities.
Robotalk Desktop Robot Assistant
- Greeting: Robotalk greets you if its camera or proximity sensors detect movement (the greeting can be anything you want, just set it up in advance).
- Online search:answers questions such as “what’s new?” and “what time is it now?” by querying the internet.
- Scheduled alerts: mark important dates and times using Google Calendar, and Robotalk will dutifully remind you of them.
- News: Robotalk will read the news for you (you can set your favorite RSS feeds, regional weather, etc.), and if you specify a topic it will focus on that (e.g. sports).
- Photo and voice messaging: you can email photos…
View original post 150 more words